Sunday, October 10, 2004

Introduction

My name is Janos Blasszauer, I am currently the head of English department at Batthyany Lajos Academic Grammar School. I have been a pedagogical advisor for the Zala county Pedagogical Institute since 2000 and have been the Hungarian pedagogical advisor on the international advisory board of two European Schoolnet projects since 2002. One is the Myeurope project and the other one is the Spring Day in Europe project. I am also a certified teacher trainer (so-called multiplicator; the database of the multiplicators can be seen here) entitled to run accredited courses for teachers of English on the new English matura exam.
During the last couple of years I have learned many skills while I have been involved in different international projects.

Some of the main stages of my ICT carreer are the following:

Co-tutor at the International Hornby Trust- Multimedia Summer Camp, 8-28 July 2002 Baia Mare, Romania

Hands-on intensive training, 11-12 October 2002 Varasd Academic Grammar School, Varasd, Croatia
Project Presentaion 28 November, 2002 the European Commission's Press Room Brussels
(I was lucky enough to be chosen to attend this press conference and represent the Spring Day 2003 project together with a Danish colleague.)
Plenary lecture on the European Schoolnet, 25 April 2003 Multimedia in ELT conference Berzsenyi College, Szombathely
Presentation on a Comenius Project 15 February, 2003 EUN conference PowerPoint presentation at http://www.eun.org/eun.org2/eun/comenius/Comenius_janos.ppt

Presentation on Telecollaborative Projects and two other hands on workshops 6 March 2004 Budapest
(This was the first ICT conference held for teachers of foreign languages. Balint Magyar, minister of education, delivered the opening speech. There were 300 participants. I was also a member on the expert panel at the round-table discussion.)

Workshop leader 10-11 September, 2004 Krakow (Poland) ICT for Education and Teachers' Professional Development conference
(There were about 100 participants and I delivered four 90-minute workshops on international collaborative projectsand have called the attention on some great tools that can be exploited in telecollaborative projects. Three workshop tutors were from abroad. Neil Shaw from the UK, Gavin Dudeney from Spain, and I from Hungary.)

Presentation given on mindmaps 2 October, 2004 in Szeged IATEFL-H conference

Multimedia related works
Thesis on Using Video in ELT
Master’s thesis on using Internet in ELT. http://www.geocities.com/blasszauer
Review on Dave Sperling's Internet Guide.(Vol. 5 No 3. NOVELTY)
Review on a CD called the "Virtuális Internet" [Virtual internet](Vol. 6. No 2-3 Modern Language Education)
Collaborative Projects via the Internet” appeared in Teaching English with
Technology -A Journal for Teachers of English-. (Vol. 1, Issue 6 (November 2001)
and at MyEurope website
The International day for Tolerance on 16 November, 2001” at MyEurope site.
“Webquests: blending learning philosophy and practise” appeared in Novelty -A journal of English Language Teaching and Cultural Studies in Hungary-. (Vol. 10. Number 1 (March 2003)
EU related Internet activities
Webquests created:
Webquest on tolerance
http://www.eun.org/eun.org2/eun/en/SpringSite_Resources/content.cfm?ov=22722&lang=en
Webquest on European values
http://www.eun.org/eun.org2/eun/en/SpringSite_Resources/content.cfm?ov=21977&lang=en
http://www.eun.org/eun.org2/eun/en/SpringSite_Resources/content.cfm?ov=21971&lang=en
Webquests on the Enlargement
http://www.geocities.com/bjohnnyus/Enlargement.htm
http://www.geocities.com/bjohnnyus/enlargement_webquest.html
ONLINE QUIZ GAME created by mehttp://www.geocities.com/bjohnnyus/snakes_and_ladders/snakes_and_ladders.htm
Comments on Charter of Fundamental Human Rights http://www.quicktopic.com/19/H/GKjWN6KBhLdiJ
Give your opinion on the CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
http://www.quicktopic.com/19/D/GKjWN6KBhLdiJ.html
Hungary in focus http://www.geocities.com/bjohnnyus/hungary.html
Tolerance project http://www.geocities.com/bjohnnyus/tolerance.htm

I am a member of several online communities and have been recently asked to be an associate member of E-help (the International Education Forum). I am also the moderator of the British Council ELT in-service teacher trainers' mailing list.

My web sites are: http://www.geocities.com/bjohnnyus
and the new one (under construction)
http://www.eltandict.com/


1 Comments:

At October 13, 2004 at 5:56 PM, Blogger Sík Péter said...

It takes ages to get around here.
It is OK that I am unable to catch up, but I wish once I could see my back in the distance.
....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home