Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Introduction of Peter

. Hi there, I'm Peter Sík .
A few years ago, after a successful project.
My first ever Website for Univ. Szeged E. Dept.
Two wonderful students helped me a lot.
Both of them were math majors. Judit and Ági.

It is very late now, I won't write too much.

I am currently emloyed by Dugonics András Piarista Gimnázium, Általános Iskola és Kollégium.
http://www.szepi.hu A very modern building, well equipped and a fair amount of time is devoted to preserving the tradition of excellence. It is a good school, with almost 300 students and a young staff.
This is my 5th year there, earlier I worked for the Department of English and American Studies of University of Szeged for over a decade. Though I enjoyed it, it was very important to move on.
I can still deal with student teachers, be part of the teacher training, go to conferences, get involved in various projects. At the Department of English Language Teacher Education and Applied Linguistics m(http://primus.arts.u-szeged.hu/elteal/) I taught EFL Methodology, Language Practice for different skills, Cultural Heritage, CALL and CALT, Presentation Techniques.

Over the years I had quite a few study tours and gave papers at conferences. Long list.

As for my ICT experience, I went through several Distance courses, most of them were very well organized and catered for by the USIS. (No homesite available now)

As a BC Certified COT very often student teachers can enjoy my intense traing to help them become really dedicated and professional teachers.

I believe that language is a tool and not an entity. This is why it is important to know about other subjects.
It is good to be a language educator, cross-curricular teaching makes language education a really rewarding job.

Out of the 25 years in teaching English, the last decade became incredibly different from any other area in education. I wrote a few articles, not many, much more emphasis was put on field work and educating students. Thing I learn, I pass on as quickly as possible, make it available for others. (Maybe a not a typical carreer building attitude. This is why I like to give workshops, collect teaching materials and ideas.

Activity is important, at my age I still do a lot of hiking, gardening, various sports.
All these: just to keep fit.


1 Comments:

At October 13, 2004 at 11:29 PM, Blogger Sík Péter said...

If even simple things like posting a photo to my profile will take so long to figure out, and it turns out, it does not really work, I either won't sleep too much or won't sleep at all.

So while chewing on the rubber socks I could imagine some real wool.
:-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home